In Viva Air, we like dogs and cats traveling with their masters. Therefore, our pet transportation policy is as follows:
The pet must be in a crate of cloth that has a fastener so that the pet (dog or cat) cannot run away during the flight; and the pet (dog or cat) and the crate total weight should not exceed 10 kg nor should it measure more than 55x35x25 cm. Crate must have enough space so that the pet will be able to stand up, move and rotate smoothly. The pet must stay inside the crate during all stages of the flight and be located under the front seat. This service is only available in the aircraft cabin, pets cannot be transported in the aircraft hold.
Keep in mind the following recommendations when purchasing the pet transportation additional service:
- Pet transportation (dogs and cats) is only available in the aircraft cabin.
- This service is available only for domestic flights. On international flights, pet transportation is NOT allowed, except guide dogs support or emotional support animals.
- The minimun age of the animal to be transported is eight (8) weeks. Animal under this age should not travel by plane.
- Pet transportation is not allowed in any other type of bag (handbag or any other type of element different than the crate of cloth).
- The pet must have a current vaccination card certificade for a professional vet and be in optimum cleanliness and health conditions. Costs like vaccination or card certification must be assumed by the passenger.
- The number of pets to be carried on each flight will be limited to six (6) In any case, more than one (1) pet per passenger will not be allowed.
- If the passenger purchases this service the web check-in will not to be available. You must present at Viva Air’s check-in counter to get the boarding pass at not extra charge.
|Weight: 10 kg / measures: 55x35x25 cm|
|Web page||Call center||Counter||Boarding gate|
|Domestic routes*||COP 55,000||COP 65,000||COP 75,000||n/a|
|San Andres||COP 55,000||COP 65,000||COP 75,000||n/a|
|Viva Air does not carry any kind of animals on international flights.|
|*Except flights to/from San Andres|
|** Viva Air does not carry any kind of animals on international flights, except guide dogs support or emotional support animals.|
|***Fees may change depending on the route, However, will not exceed these prices.|
Service Animal (Dog)
For passengers who may need guide dog support or emotional support animals, Viva Air will allow transport the animal at no additional charge and will travel in the aircraft cabin with the passenger, even if the animal exceeds 10 kg and 55x35x25 cm.